- 5/26 - me made tee; worn doing yoga.
- 5/27 - me made bag, mom-made scarf; worn to view The Clock at SFMOMA.
- 5/28 - me made top; worn to work.
- 5/29 - me made dress; finished just in time to wear to the party.
- 5/30 - me made dress; worn to work.
- 5/31 - me made skirt; worn to work and a coworker's baby shower. I would never wear the sweater that wrinkled - I just pulled it off the drying rack to recreate this outfit on the floor!
This week was crazy. Work was busy, the party was intense, finishing up the dress turned out to be harder than anticipated (more on that after I get some real photos) - I'm actually still recovering from it all!
I planned on writing a bit about my thoughts on MMM and my homemade wardrobe, but I kind of just want to be done with this challenge. I had a hard time with this. I knew taking photos would be hard, but I didn't anticipate that wearing me made items would feel like such a burden, especially since I wear something homemade about three out of four days anyway. If I thought about it I could probably come up with some insights about why this was and what I should focus on sewing, but I think I'm just going to go actually sew. There's another Archer on my sewing table, cut out and waiting for me!
How did your Me-Made-May go? Do you anticipate participating again? Did you start feeling bitter about wearing me-mades simply because you had to?